Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ready to ride the Pan Mass!!

West Stockbridge to Provincetown- 3 days, 280 miles


Tonight we drive out to West Stockbridge, and tomorrow morning we'll bike to the NY State border to start the Pan Mass Challenge ride- 280 miles over three days across this lovely state of ours. This will be my fourth PMC, and my third starting from the NY border (the traditional ride starts from Sturbridge but my crazy friends and I like to start on the NY state border to cross the entire state). Getting stoked! The weather looks great- 80's and sunny for all three days. It might get toasty mid-day, but hey, I'm riding my bike with my good friends, and riding for a great cause. I'll be riding with the memories of loved ones who have passed away from cancer, and riding with the strength from loved ones and friends who have successfully fought off cancer, and riding alongside friends who are cancer survivors- living proof that you can beat cancer and live a normal life. There are more and more of such success stories thanks to the continued progress in cancer research. But there is still so much to do....



I am once again blown away by the generosity of my friends and family. I reached my goal of raising $7500- funding that has come from 109 incredible individuals. Your money will be part of a target of $45 million dollars that will go towards the fight against cancer. Thank you all!  Also thanks to everyone who contributed to my Anchor House ride and helped me raise over $2000 for this very worthwhile cause. The next blog post will be from Sturbridge, after 97 miles of pedaling on Day Zero.

Interested in contributing if you haven't had the chance?  See: www2.pmc.org/profile/KC0258

No comments:

Post a Comment